Would you like to publish your words on Elephant Weekly? We are currently open to submissions. Please read the below guidelines. Submissions that do not follow the guidelines will be automatic rejections, unless we make an exception.
While we make it a goal to respond to all submissions, sometimes we will not. After about one month if you haven’t heard from us, consider it a soft “no,” but feel free to reach out one time, politely.
Elephant Weekly is currently looking for the following content:
- Poetry of any length
- Flash fiction (less than or equal to 1,500 words, probably more than 100 words, but go ahead and try us)
- Long-form fiction (1,501+ words, probably up to around 5,000 words, but no hard ceiling on that)
Elephant Weekly Submission Guidelines
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Use the subject line “SUBMISSION” (this one is super important, please do it)
- Paste your submission directly into the email (no attachments, almost as important as the subject line)
- Refresh your browser dozens or hundreds of times to see if it has gone live
- Open email sent by Elephant Weekly saying that your post has been approved
- Share the good news all over the internet
Currently, all submissions are unpaid because, if you look around the site, you will notice there is no current monetization strategy whatsoever, so this thing doesn’t make any money at all to distribute to the fine people who publish their work here (in fact, it costs money to run as a labor of love). This could change in the future, maybe.
- You retain all rights to your work.
- We do accept published work, feel free to submit content here that you have published elsewhere BUT PLEASE TELL US THIS WHEN YOU SUBMIT.